Celebrated throughout February, LGBT History Month works to tackle homophobia, biphobia and transphobia with different events across the country.
Why not join in with this incredible campaign with a film screening? To help get you started, we have created a list of LGBT inspired titles to consider...
- Carol - Based in 1950s New York, department-store clerk Therese Belivet (Rooney Mara) dreams of a better life falls for an older, married woman (Cate Blanchett). Carol will be available to book through Filmbankmedia soon - see our website for further details.
- Pride - UK gay activists work to help miners during their lengthy strike of the National Union of Mineworkers in the summer of 1984.
- Brokeback Mountain - The story of a forbidden and secretive relationship between two cowboys, Ennis Del Mar (Heath Ledger) and Jack Twist (Jake Gyllenhaal) and their lives over the years.
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - Two drag queens and a transsexual travel across the desert to perform their unique style of cabaret.
- The Kids Are Alright - Two children (Josh Hutcherson, Mia Wasikowska) conceived by artificial insemination bring their biological father (Mark Ruffalo) into their non-traditional family life.
- Boys Don't Cry - Female born, Teena Brandon adopts his male identity of Brandon Teena (Hilary Swank) and attempts to find himself and love in Nebraska.
Please visit our LGBT section for more titles.