Launch licence wizard

Education Sector

Under UK copyright law, schools, colleges, universities and PTA's wishing to play a film in public will generally require a licence from the copyright owner or its representatives before doing so. 'In public’ means, broadly speaking, to an audience outside of the home. If that educational institution does not obtain the required licence they risk infringing copyright.

A PVSL is required when films are screened for the benefit of Film Clubs, Breakfast Clubs, End of Term Treats, Wet Weather Screenings and After School Clubs*.


If you are an Into Film member and want to screen films from participating studios or distributors, you must acquire a PVS Licence. Contact Into Film on T: 020 7288 4528 for more information.

Into Film runs a network of approx 11,000 clubs across the UK which help young people aged 5-19 years to engage with film-based learning. Free to state schools and academies, Into Film provides curriculum-linked resources, access to a catalogue of films, in-school visits from industry professionals, filmmaking opportunities and full guidance and support on running a club.


The PVSL is administered in the Education market by CEFM (Centre for Education and Finance Management). If you have any queries or would like to contact CEFM, please click here

Special Notices: English Schools

The Dept. for Education has acquired PVSLs for many state-funded English schools. Find out more.

Contact CEFM

If you are a primary or secondary school and wish to get in touch, please complete this contact form and CEFM will be in touch shortly.