Diwali, the festival of light, is enjoyed by millions of Hindus, Sikhs and Jains around the world. The festival celebrates the triumph of light over darkness, good over evil and new beginnings.
This year, the five day celebration will start on Wednesday 11th November and run until Sunday 15th November.
To begin the preparations we have created a list of films that celebrate family and loved ones that you might enjoy this festive season:
- Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela - Ram and Leela, their love, lust and the drama afterwards. Modern adaptation of William Shakespeare's 'Romeo & Juliet'.
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani – Bunny (Ranbir Kapoor) and Naina (Deepika Padukone) meet when they graduate from college and again in their late 20s.
- Mary Kom - A chronicle of the life of Indian boxer Mary Kom, who went through several hardships before audaciously accomplishing her ultimate dream.
- Badlapur - Years after his wife and son are murdered, Raghu finds out who pulled the trigger and sets out for revenge.
- N.H 10 - After her desert date goes wrong, a woman manages to not just stick it out but indeed give it back.