On the 8th December 2014 at Old Billingsgate in London, the 17th Moët British Independent Film Awards ceremony, hosted by the Inbetweeners star Simon Bird sought to celebrate the cream of British cinema in 2014.
The iconic award, designed by Fredrikson Stallard and created by Swarovski, was awarded to the well-deserved winners along with a personalised Swarovski crystal encrusted magnum of Moët & Chandon.
The winning films, actors and actresses were:
- Best British Independent Film winner: Pride
- Best Actress: Gugu Mbatha-Raw in Belle
- Best Actor: Brendan Gleeson in Calvary
- Best Documentary: Next Goal Wins
- Best International Independent Film: Boyhood